[Facil] Re: GULS - QUebec

Valerie Dagrain vdagrain at free.fr
Sam 4 Nov 11:01:11 EST 2006

Hi Ben,

I forward your mail to the members of FACIL (www.facil.qc.ca) to inform
them. I thank you again for your welcoming when I came in your meeting
in july, and the great time I had!

-one picture of the LUG in Vancouver ... and also my Tux in travel :-)
http://vdagrain.free.fr/Beautiful_British_Columbia_July-2006/index5.html)

Valerie Dagrain wrote:
> Our event:
> SQIL 2006 : C’est à ton tour
> Du 11 au 19 novembre 2006, toutes les régions du Québec sont invitées à
> prendre part à la Semaine québécoise de l'informatique libre (SQIL). ...
> www.sqil.info
>
> In some days, all the activities in Quebec will be in this calendar:
> http://www.linux-quebec.org/cal/month.php

Bonjour Valerie,

Merci beaucoup pour le courriel et la invitation.

We have a presentation organised for November 20th with Luya
Tshimbalanga of the Fedora Project.  I realise that your event is on
November 19th. Perhaps an exception could be made "for the laid-back
folks on the wet coast who never seem to get anything done on time" and
include us anyway.

We would be interested in being involved in future free software events
in conjunction with yourselves and other Linux user groups across the
country.  A syncronised event like what you are doing on the 19th would
have a good chance of attracting main-stream media attention and public
exposure.  Realistically we would need 2-3 months to get ourselves
organised and to arrange for local media exposure.

Thank-you very much for thinking of us and keeping in touch after your
visit.

Yours truly,

Ben Holt
VanLUG