[FACIL] Le gouvernement américain va expérimenter l'utilisation de "micro-transactions" pour acheter du code source par GitHub

gabriel.cossette at gmail.com gabriel.cossette at gmail.com
Ven 16 Oct 09:36:58 EDT 2015

Bon vendredi!

18F, the digital services agency based within the US General Services
Administration (GSA), is looking to experiment with "micro-transactions" to
buy open source code through GitHub.

Here's how it will work:

"Specifically, we're going to use our "micro-purchase" authority. Like all
federal agencies, 18F has the ability to use a "purchase card" to directly
buy products and services, as long as the price does not exceed $3,500.
[...]
On Monday, October 26, we will tag a GitHub issue in the CALC repository
with a "micro-purchase" tag. In the issue, we'll specify the acceptance
criteria and a closing time. At that moment, the opening "bid" would be
$3499, and companies would then have the ability to bid down the price.
Whoever has the lowest bid at the closing time will have 10 working days to
ship the code necessary to satisfy the criteria. If the criteria are met,
the vendor gets paid. It's that easy. If the criteria aren't met, the next
lowest bidder gets 10 working days to ship the code. In order to make this
work, we will provide acceptance criteria, instead of requirements. This
limits the possibility of misinterpretation and ensures the quality of
delivery."

Full details here:

Open Source Micro-purchasing: An experiment in federal acquisition
https://18f.gsa.gov/2015/10/13/open-source-micropurchasing/

I heard that the BC government have been doing similar experiments
lately... Let's watch those interesting initiatives closely :)

Gabriel Cossette

Conseiller technique, Architecture d'entreprise
Services partagés Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
gabriel.cossette at canada.ca / Tél. : 418 254-8558

Technical Advisor, Enterprise Architecture
Shared Services Canada / Government of Canada
gabriel.cossette at canada.ca / Tel: 418 254-8558