[FACIL] US NIST utilise GitHub pour développer des lignes directrices (anglais)

gabriel.cossette at gmail.com gabriel.cossette at gmail.com
Ven 29 Juil 10:45:16 EDT 2016

Bonjour à tous!

US NIST is now leading a "public preview" on GitHub of its
upcoming "Digital Authentication Guideline" in order to get comments and
even concrete modification proposals (i.e. GitHub Pull Requests).

As they put it:

"This public preview is focused on gaining input through successive open
comment periods and editing iterations of the SP draft. This phase will
include multiple iterations of comments of approximately 2 weeks in length,
followed by a 2-3 week period for the editors to adjudicate comments and
make appropriate updates to the document.

We’ll continue iterations for as long as we have feedback that results in
meaningful changes. We welcome you to come back every iteration to see
what’s new, or watch daily. While we’ll be posting major iterations every
few weeks, we’ll also make updates mid-cycle."

And the reason they chose GitHub:

"Ok, “Why GitHub?” you ask. For us, the choice was relatively
straightforward. GitHub has been a mainstay of the development and
standards communities for many years now, serving as a space for
collaborative interaction, the epicenter for evolving open source software,
and an essential component in every coder’s toolkit. It only seemed
appropriate for us to engage where so much of our community already
congregates and collaborates.

Second, as a platform, GitHub has many unique characteristics that make it
attractive as a place to develop this special publication. From its ability
to support broad engagement, to excellent version control, and multiple
avenues for collecting and receiving input—it is a robust forum suited to
this phase of drafting the 800-63-3 suite."

Rappelez-vous, GitHub n'est pas seulement pour du code source ;)

Réference : https://pages.nist.gov/800-63-3/

Gabriel Cossette

Conseiller technique, Architecture d’entreprise
Services partagés Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
gabriel.cossette at canada.ca / Tél. : 418 254-8558

Technical Advisor, Enterprise Architecture
Shared Services Canada / Government of Canada
gabriel.cossette at canada.ca / Tel: 418 254-8558