[MLUG] Moving to Canada - Advice needed

Martin Simpson martin.simpson at axai.net
Sun Mar 1 11:28:02 EST 2009

Hello All,

I've been a read-only member of this mailing list for a while and was
wondering if anyone could offer advice.

To start with, My name is Martin - I'm a Network Administrator / PHP
developer from London. I've had 4 years
experience with a company called "ThoughtWorks". They're rather big on
the Agile front.

I will be moving to Canada from the 1st of April (with my girlfriend).
I'm leaving my job and everything back home
here in the UK to start a 'new life' in Canada, so to speak.

I am going to be investing in business french courses so i can get
myself up to scratch but in the meanwhile I was wondering
if anyone had any suggestions / comments on my endeavor with regards to
work.

I am looking to continue in my field of Network (or Systems) Admin or
maybe some PHP work. My attempts so far
to submit my CV have been rather unsuccessful.

Any thoughts appreciated, thank you.

Martin