[MLUG] net neutrality and videotron

SM srinathm at terra.com.br
Mon Mar 2 08:00:12 EST 2009

Nicholas Accad escreveu:
> I would hate to be in your shoes when you argue the word "obscene" Leslie.
>
> This is an extremely relative/subjective thing, obscenity should never
> be a valid reason for blocking content.
>
> Take for example my musical tastes, that vary all the way from thrash
> metal to funk. Would you consider a band like Gwar to be obscene? What
> about Prince? (Sexy M.F. anyone?). Honestly, my response is "Who the
> f*** do you think you are to judge MY tastes?"
>

> I agree with you, who decides? And the answer is "Me", I decide what I
> get to watch, if there is something that I do not agree with, I simply
> do not watch it, or find a way to block it MYSELF, not impose my rules
> on anyone else.

Parents DO decide (must decide) what kids get to watch !! And again, as
you said, this decision must be made by the "end user". Sure we can have
softwares to help us 'protecting' our children, but nothing is better
that good parent surveillance  on what the little ones are doing, at
least before they become teenagers ....