[MLUG] netbooks / laptops

David Pelletier dpelletier at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 11:47:56 EDT 2009

Debian installed just fine on the 1000HE with the Debian EEE installer.
Grub2 set the wrong partition number for the Windows XP partition and the
recovery partition, but that was easily fixed (0,+1 on each).

Everything seems to work fine with lenny except the wireless and bluetooth
adapters. They need kernel 2.6.27 or more recent. Lenny ships with an old
outdated 2.6.26 kernel. I checked sqeeze/testing, still 2.6.26... so I
pulled 2.6.28 out of unstable and while the ath9k module loads, it doesn't
work with the wireless adapter.

I have read that eeebuntu supports it without a problem I'm gonna install it
and see how they got it to work, and try to do the same in debian later.

For now, Debien EEE doesn't fully support the 1000HE.

--
David Pelletier
http://spareminds.org