[MLUG] A mini blog about file systems.

Leslie Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 22 18:43:43 EDT 2009

Stefan,

It could very well be that the footprint for ext4 is about the same as ext3.  However, always in the system is ext2, required for the boot partition.

So, ext3 just adds some journalling.  As far as I know, ext4 is incompatible with ext[23].

Regards
Leslie
 Leslie Satenstein
5752 Avenue Lockwood.
Cote St. Luc Montreal Quebec H4W 1Y9  Canada
voice:  514-369-1685
mailto:lsatenstein at yahoo.com