[MLUG] A mini blog about file systems.

Nick Sklav sklav at teksavvy.com
Mon Mar 23 10:28:39 EDT 2009

> With the latest bug reports, I'd hold off on ext4 for a while.

I agree Ext4 is not stable enough just yet. Not for anything but it was
just released recently and im sure their are a few more quirks to be
worked out.

Also if not mistaken someone mentioned you can boot from an ext4
partition but as it stands now the installer for anaconda on fedora 10
will not allow it.

Stick to ext3 for now, as for ext4 im running a test station with it
running and thus far i have not noticed any significant improvements but
i have noticed some cpu spikes.

Later

Nick