[MLUG] [OT] Yet an other ISP thread.

ravnox at arkanox.net ravnox at arkanox.net
Wed Mar 25 20:45:22 EDT 2009

Bell is still in charge of their equipment.  I've been told countless
times that the problem is not with the reseller but with Bell.  I've had
clients stuck in the middle between Bell saying the problem was with
the ISP and the ISP saying it was Bell.

Bell were forced to lease their line/equipment so other smaller ISP
could exist.  In no way does this force them to actually offer a good
service to their reseller.  I've just had too many bad experiences with
Bell to have anything positive to say about them.  From what I read
here, this hasn't changed.  No one should have to fight with Bell
because the connection is bad when it rains!  I've actually heard
Bell telling clients of Vif, Colba or other ISPs that if they were with
them, they wouldn't have problems.

So, I'm still undecided.  I have a good 30 days to think about it.  I'll
either go with TekSavvy with 200GB of bandwidth or I can take the offer
Videotron gave me and I would pay almost the same price for the 100GB
package as my current one for a year.  100GB is just not a lot
sometime... Or there's Videotron business at 70$ with unlimited
bandwidth... At 70$ with no bandwidth cap, I at least wouldn't pay 91$+
per month.

Thanks for all the information, it will help me make a decision.

--
Ravnox