[MLUG] has anybody played around with natty? for my amd netbook, it's really awful...

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Sat Apr 2 13:42:16 EDT 2011

> Will it work on an IBM Thinkpad T60 (Intel Core Duo T2400 1.83*2 GHz
> Memory/RAM: 1GB (1,024MB) (configurable up to 4GB)
> Graphics: ATI X1300

I don't know what "it" you refer to, but any recent Linux distribution
should work just fine on this machine.  I have such a T60 and it's all
been well supported for about 3 years now using Debian testing (the
only stumbling block at the beginning was the ATI card, but that's not
an issue any more).
Actually, the only problem I have with this machine is that the iwl3945
driver has an "improved" powermanagement scheme (compared to versions of
the driver before 2.6.twentysomethingorso) which bumps into a bug on the
3945 card, so it is disabled (talk about an improvement, eh?).

        Stefan