[MLUG] Gnome 3

Leslie S Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 21:17:17 EDT 2011

My first impressions were that this interface is function / application driven.  That means, that by default, you must use an application to get things going.  I have data that I download.  When I click on the data file, I want the appropriate application to start.

I feel that the interface is a cellphone / other interface, where applications are called to do things such as calendar, or make a call.

Certainly, my first impressions again are that Gnome 3 is not for desktop or laptop users who receive many files (spreadsheets, word documents, and presentations, and need easy quick access).

I would like to know how to revert to Gnome 2.2 with Fedora 15.

Regards
 Leslie
 Mr. Leslie Satenstein
40 years in IT and going strong.
Yesterday was a good day, today is a better day,
and tomorrow will be even better.

mailto:lsatenstein at yahoo.com
alternative: leslie.satenstein at itbms.biz
www.itbms.biz