[MLUG] Gnome 3

Leslie S Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 17 00:58:23 EDT 2011

The new init ('systemd') might have something to do with the improved startup speed. Also, if you don't like gnome-shell, you can always use fallback mode, which does a great job of maintaining the look while being functionally similar to gnome2. This is my experience having tested it with arch yesterday.

-aaron

>> My Fedora 15 is the new Beta version, just released two or three days ago.

>> It appears faster in startup and that may be because I have fewer applications therein.

>> I guess I am an old dog and I have problems learning new tricks.  Perhaps it just takes me a few hours extra to be convinced.

>> Thanks again, I will explore when wife watches her American Idol show.

>> Regards

>> Regards

>>  Leslie

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

 Given I could not find the man or help information, how does one switch to the fallback mode?  I did not see it mentioned in my searches.
I installed Gnome Tweaker, and did not see a parameter setting that would show me desktops or how to perform a fallback.

Any info as to app name or if I did not download the correct tweaker software would help me.
-----Inline Attachment Follows-----