[Facil] [facil-membres] Parti vert et OpenMedia

Fabián Rodríguez magicfab at member.fsf.org
Mar 19 Avr 22:06:19 EDT 2011

On 04/12/2011 07:16 AM, Fabián Rodríguez wrote:
> [...]
> Voici le commentaire que je leur ai envoyé, au lieu d'aller déjeuner ce
> matin:
>
> "Hello,
>
> I'd like to raise attention to the fact that most of the resources you
> are using to promote the "Open Media" mission are anything but.
>
> Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, Google Docs and Microsoft Word
> documents (and PDF documents without any free-format source to be
> edited) are contrary to such mission.
>
> Identi.ca (Status.net), Diaspora/Gnu Social/Elgg, Archive.org, Gallery2,
> LibreOffice and other services and technologies all provide essentially
> the same functionality, while giving the opportunity to improve, share,
> study and copy them for everyone's benefit.
>
> I'd like to encourage OpenMedia to find out about the free, open source
> alternatives to all the above services, which can be used *in addition*
> or better yet, *as a complete replacement* of such technologies. I
> praise your use of Drupal on your website, but it seems like the
> inevitable choice rather than one guided by your mission.
>
> Open access for all may only be achieved when people understand
> depending on any non-free technology remains an important obstacle.
> Having all the bandwidth available won't matter much when it's still
> controlled by non-free software and services.
>
> Thank you for considering my request.
>
> Regards,
>
> Fabian Rodriguez
> Montreal, Canada "
>
> Bonne journée,
>
> Fabian Rodriguez
> http://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:MagicFab

Leur réponse:

"Hi Fabian,
Thanks very much for writing, we truly value your feedback. OpenMedia.ca
is fully aware of the open source alternatives to the closed software
listed below. And yes, we fully support the interests of the FOSS
community (I wrote my undergrad research project on the topic!) That
said, we find Twitter, Facbook, and YouTube to be invaluable, popular
engagement tools for our cause. We try to use open source wherever
possible.

Thanks again for your input!

The OpenMedia.ca Team
www.openmedia.ca