[FACIL] Les É.U. ont annoncé une politique reliée aux logiciels libres (anglais)

gabriel.cossette at gmail.com gabriel.cossette at gmail.com
Jeu 18 Aou 10:03:27 EDT 2016

"We’re releasing the Federal Source Code policy to support improved access
to custom-developed Federal source code. The policy, which incorporates
feedback received during the public comment period, requires new
custom-developed source code developed specifically by or for the Federal
Government to be made available for sharing and re-use across all Federal
agencies. It also includes a pilot program that will require Federal
agencies to release at least a portion of new custom-developed Federal
source code to the public and support agencies in going beyond that minimum
requirement.
[…]
By making source code available for sharing and re-use across Federal
agencies, we can avoid duplicative custom software purchases and promote
innovation and collaboration across Federal agencies. By opening more of
our code to the brightest minds inside and outside of government, we can
enable them to work together to ensure that the code is reliable and
effective in furthering our national objectives. And we can do all of this
while remaining consistent with the Federal Government’s long-standing
policy of technology neutrality, through which we seek to ensure that
Federal investments in IT are merit-based, improve the performance of our
government, and create value for the American people.

As agencies across the Federal Government take steps to improve access to
their source code, the amount of available Federal open source software
will grow. In the coming months, we will launch a new website – Code.gov –
so that our nation can continue to unlock the tremendous potential of the
Federal Government’s software.

This is, after all, the People’s code. Explore it. Learn from it. Improve
it. Use it to propel America’s next breakthrough in innovation."

Et une belle citation pour compléter l'annonce :

“If we can reconceive of our government so that the interactions and the
interplay between private sector, nonprofits, and government are opened up,
and we use technology, data, social media in order to join forces around
problems, then there’s no problem that we face in this country that is not
soluble."
President Barack Obama, March 11, 2016

Nouvelle : https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2016/08/08/peoples-code
Politique : https://sourcecode.cio.gov

Gabriel Cossette

Conseiller technique, Architecture d’entreprise
Services partagés Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
gabriel.cossette at canada.ca / Tél. : 418 254-8558

Technical Advisor, Enterprise Architecture
Shared Services Canada / Government of Canada
gabriel.cossette at canada.ca / Tel: 418 254-8558