[MLUG] netbooks / laptops

David Pelletier dpelletier at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 00:36:25 EST 2009

I'm writing this from my new EEE PC 1000HE. :)

The shipping with ncix was very very fast. I'm amazed. It actualy shipped so
fast I don't even have the time to try the different flavors of Debian eee
(or eeebuntu) right now, nor will I have the chance to do it over the week
end.

On the hardware side, the computer is very nice. About a centimeter less
wide than my old 12 inches powerbook G4. The keyboard is great, I have long
slim fingers so I don't have a problem with the small keys and already type
at close to full speed after less than an hour using it. Compared to a full
featured laptop the 1000HE is very light, though according to reviews it's
rather heavy for a netbook. The screen is bright and crisp... and MATTE! (I
hate those glossy screens).

I like it very much so far and haven't found any problem with it (contrary
to my previous buy, a Thinkpad SL300 with was utter crap, stay away frorm
the SL serie thinkpad, they are lowly ideapads in thinkpad look-alike
casings. That computer went back to Lenovo after two weeks.)

--
David Pelletier
http://spareminds.org