[MLUG] netbooks / laptops

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Sun Mar 8 11:38:34 EDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 10:46:03AM -0500, David Pelletier wrote:
> Well, frankly, I need a copy of Windows for my work. I do contractual
> development work (mostly web development) and I have to be able to test my
> stuff under Windows. Since I never actually bought a retail copy of Windows,
> the only legal copies I have are always on my laptops, which is perfect,
> because I would never use Windows at home anyway. ;)
>
> I installed Debian (not done setting it up to my taste though) and set it to
> dual boot Debian/WinXP.

That's what I'm planning to do, after I order mine after I find out that
there's no problems with finding maintainably free drivers.  There are a
few situations where I need to use Windows -- mostly to check that
things I write that are supposed to be portable between Linux and
Windows really are.

By the way, does anyone know whether the processor in this machine is
one that supports full virtualization?

-- hendrik