[MLUG] Utility to make bootable live usb drive - UNetbootin

sustain_ability at 123mail.org sustain_ability at 123mail.org
Sun Mar 15 13:54:15 EDT 2009

Yeah, David. Here are some tutorials for OSX users - how to make drives
bootable using terminal commands, incl. blessing system folders
(strange, it's back to the future for Classic OS users):

http://www.computing.net/answers/mac/mac-hard-drive-images/3881.html

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8300945231/m/496008529831
(Title: How to install a very small version of OS X on an external
drive, incl.
"..- 2.5" laptop drive in MacAlly external enclosure (FireWire): works
perfectly
- 3rd gen iPod (FireWire): works perfectly
- 5th gen iPod (USB): refuses to boot; an inherent limitation of the 5G,
AFAIK
- 2.0 GB SanDisk Cruzer Titanium flash drive (USB): works perfectly.."

My admiration for Unix continues to grow.
Sustain

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - And now for something completely different…