[MLUG] Utility to make bootable live usb drive - UNetbootin

Yannick Gingras ygingras at ygingras.net
Sun Mar 15 15:35:29 EDT 2009

On Saturday 14 March 2009, David Filion wrote:
> While going through the Linux Journal podcasts, I came across one about
> a useful little utility for creating bootable live USB drives.  It's
> named Unetbootin and can be found on  Sourceforge,
> http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/.  At last count it can install 20+
> different distributions (multiple versions of each) and numerous
> utilities.  You can find the video podcast at
> http://podcast.com/episode/34972826/55601/.

Making a live usb is just a matter a copying the files from the live
CD to a usb key and to install a boot loader.  Nothing to hard to do
by hand.  That being said, I really like usb-creator on Ubuntu.  Also,
you get a bootable live usb membership card when you join the FSF:

  https://www.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom?

--
Yannick Gingras
http://ygingras.net