[MLUG] [OT] Yet an other ISP thread.

Alex Bedard alex at dastyle.net
Tue Mar 24 18:18:39 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 5:39 PM, <ravnox at arkanox.net> wrote:

> Really, my only concern with aDSL is not having to deal with packet
> loss, disconnects, and such.  I've had too many of those problems when
> I was on it and I've seen too many clients with the same issues from
> different providers.

You can say that again... I've opened a dozen tickets with TSI & Bell for
DSL sync loss over the past 6 months and still no progress...  (My DSL link
was working fine for ~6 years then last spring I started having sync
problems, dropped connections every ~15 mins,  ~1million FEC errors and
~300k CRC errors a day.

Teksavvy is great though, and it's not really their fault that some "other
3rd party" can't fix the phone lines in the posts/CO.  But I might have to
end up switching to cable because of this, which would be annoying since the
main reason why I'm with TSI is because of static IP blocks which VTL
doesn't offer.