[MLUG] netbooks / laptops

concepts concepts at colba.net
Thu Mar 26 04:11:23 EDT 2009

> Hardware wise, I still love it. The only slight problem I found with it is
> that when you put it between books in a bag, the pressure on the lid is
> enough to push the screen to touch the keyboard and leave dead skin and fat
> marks on the screen. I put my screen cleaning cloth on the keyboard before
> closing the lid and it doesn't happen anymore.

To avoid those nasty grease, scratches, dents and what have you marks on your
portable, book or whatever screen, go to an art supply story like Omer
'Desserres' and look for that thin spongy material available in a wide variety
of colours and sizes. The stuff is used for constructing things. So just
choose the colour and size you need or want and when you get home cut it to
the size you want and place it between the screen and keyboard. When you use
the computer, just use the thing as a mouse pad!

André.

--
Omnia quaecumque vultis ut faciant vobis homines et vos facite illis (Mt.: 7,12)