[MLUG] Cloud Computing

Patricia Campbell triciamontreal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 10:32:41 EDT 2011

Well put Pascal!   The concept of the cloud is the future of parallel
and ssi computing.  You have the ability of instantiate a cluster in
minutess to do your heavy calculations, you pay for bandwidth &
processing time.  Then when you don't need it you pack up your image &
go home... much more cost and time effective than maintaining your own
cluster.   Any researchers on the list?

--

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mohandas K Gandhi