[MLUG] Gnome 3

aaron d instantkamera at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 09:23:37 EDT 2011

The new init ('systemd') might have something to do with the improved
startup speed. Also, if you don't like gnome-shell, you can always use
fallback mode, which does a great job of maintaining the look while being
functionally similar to gnome2. This is my experience having tested it with
arch yesterday.

-aaron

>> My Fedora 15 is the new Beta version, just released two or three days
ago.

>> It appears faster in startup and that may be because I have fewer
applications therein.

>> I guess I am an old dog and I have problems learning new tricks.  Perhaps
it just takes me a few hours extra to be convinced.