[MLUG] [OT] Job opening - Sysadmin / support position

David Filion david at filiontech.com
Tue Mar 3 09:03:53 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of looking to help with day-to-day server/network
administration  tasks.  The position will be "shared" with technical
support, so knowledge of Windows is needed.   If your interested, send
me you cv asap so I can get it to HR (time is an issue).

The company is located in Laval.

Position overview:

Technical Support related (internal only, no dealing with clients):
    Knowledge:
        - Windows XP
        - Windows Vista

    Activities:
        - Preparation new computers
        - Assist in maintaining the existing computer fleet
        - When necessary, go to the supplier to get hardware
        - Testing of phone numbers
        - Assist users with backups of their data

Admin related:
    - Strong knowledge of Linux
    - Knowledge of Apache and Bind.  Postfix and Qmail are a plus.
    - Ability to create programs/scripts to simplify and/or automate tasks.
    - Knowledge of Voice Over IP technologies and Asterisk PBX a plus.
    - Knowlege of networking (TCP, IPv4)
    - Database knowledge is a plus (Sybase, MySQL, Postgresql)
    - Netfilter a plus

    Activities:
        - Assist with processing of requests from support and
          production departments
        - Assist with backups
        - Assist with maintenance of VoIP phone systems
        - Assist with networking (laying or replacing cable, etc)
        - Assist with the day-to-day maintenance of the various servers
        - Research and assist in the selection of hardware/software
solutions
          that would improve the existing infrastructure.
        - Assist with setting up/maintenance of servers

Company info:
Xprima.com Corporation
420 Armand Frappier
Laval

If your interested or have questions, please contact me off list.

David